Whether it is Valentine's Day or not, surprising your man with some sweet words for him found on this list is always a good idea.
Men are simple, and showing them your love through romantic love messages is the way to go. I'm taking a break from writing fashion and relationship (how to talk to a guy kind of stuff) blogs and will focus this one on the things to say to your boyfriend.
So without further ado, let's head straight to the list!
Ultimate List Of Sweet Words To Tell A Guy
If you're still not sure how to start a conversation with a guy, then you're in the right place. Talking to your man shouldn't be a tough task to do. But if you find yourself struggling to find the words, don't worry. I wrote this post, especially for shy girls with a ton of love and emotions for their significant other.
6 Best Sweet Words For Guys To Make Them Feel Special
Who doesn't want to feel special? I know for a fact that everyone likes to feel on top of the world--your boyfriend included. You can add these lines to your love letter or, even better, say them out loud in person.
1. "Your hand is my favorite thing to hold."
Who said romance is dead? Complete your love messages with this line that oozes out affection and truth.
2. "If loving you is wrong, then I don't wanna be right."
This is such a cliche love quote, but it works. It's the same as, "If loving you is a sin, then I'm going to hell." Quite morbid, but you get the idea.
3. "I can't stop telling my friends how great you are."
Nothing says, "I like spending time with you," more than this line. How would you react when someone tells you that they tell their friends about you?
4. "You're the only person I want to talk to when I'm having a bad day. Thanks for always making me feel better."
True love rings with this love message right here. If your partner is your comfort--your home, then you should try out this line.
5. "You are a better half of me."
Ask any couple, "Who is your best friend?" And if they say each other, it's almost certain that they'll remain together for a very, very long time.
6. "I wish I had the words to tell you how amazing you make me feel."
This is such a sweet thing to say in person or on a text message. It's even better to say during your anniversary.
Share This Image On Your Site
6 Romantic Words To Say To Your Boyfriend To Show Your Sweet Side When You're Apart
7. "Though I may not see you as much as I would love to, I may not have you in my arms as often as I would want, but deep in my heart I know for a fact, you are the only one for me, and I will not let you go."
This is such a romantic thing to say to your long-distance boyfriend. It's a perfect sweet text message to send out instead of your usual "sweet dreams" or good night message.
8. "The thought of being with you one day is what helps me to go through today."
Your heart will surely show when you send this instead of your typical good morning messages to your partner far away. Every word here is the right word to add to your text messages.
9. "As long as you're in my heart and I am in yours, there is no distance great enough that our love can't travel."
Thinking of sending a care package to your love miles away? Why not add this on your love note and make your boyfriends' day wherever he is?
10. "Even though you are many, many miles away, you are still closer to my heart than anyone else."
Taking good care of your relationship means sharing short love quotes like this to your special someone. Sending him a sweet message along with some essentials will tell him how much you care for him.
11. "Distance doesn't mean more to me than you mean to me."
Anyone appreciates love messages that assure you of your partner's faithfulness. It's the little thing that matters and really makes your heart burst from happiness.
12. "Distance is just a test to see how true a couple's love is, and ours is as true as it gets. You're the light of my life, and you're forever in my heart. My love for you will never change."
This romantic quote goes perfectly on a happy birthday greeting on your man's Facebook along with your birthday wishes and birthday message. Celebrate his life by expressing the contents of your heart.
6 Cute And Sweet Messages To Express Your Feelings For Him
13. "When I wake in the morning, you are my first thought."
One of the best quotes to tell your man is how he's the first thing that comes to mind as soon as you wake up. Add, "Your face is the only thing I want to see before I sleep." And you're set.
14. "You make my heart sing."
Romantic quotes like this on a cute text can make your boyfriend feel extra special and giddy. Hearing that you're making someone happy that their heart sings is one of the nice things to know.
15. "You are my happy place."
A message of affirmation like this one is very nice to say to a loved one who brings you much happiness.
16. "You make me want to be the best I can be."
Love messages can really improve anyone's day. And having this kind of impact on the life of someone you cherish is a dream for many.
17. "You make me smile so much that I feel like a little kid again."
In a lot of ways, finding your soulmate feels like you've gone back to your life as a kid. You feel excited to see them. Believe me; you'll only want to spend the rest of your life with a person that makes your heart feel like that.
18. "You are the only person that I want to go on adventures with."
When you're with the right person, life is more exciting. There's never any dull moment together, and your heart feels full when you're with the one you cherish with all of your life.
6 Sweet Love Quotes To Tell Someone You Love
There's nothing wrong with getting a bit of inspiration from famous actors and writers when thinking of love sayings for him.
19. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." – A.A. Milne
Most famous for creating Winnie the Pooh and Friends, A.A. Milne certainly had a knack for saying such simple words with profound meaning.
20. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more." – Angelita Lim
Hearing this from the one you want to be with for life is a great feeling. Saying it to them is even greater pleasure.
21. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
An inspiration to many, who knew Helen Keller would be a basis for romance? Feeling something with your heart, like the life you're to lead with the person closest to you, is one of the greatest things in life.
22. "Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself." — Andre Breton
When you're with the right person, you'll notice how you bring out the best in each other. In years to come, your relationship will grow, as you grow.
23. "I love you. Today. Right now. Just as you are. And I know, with time we will change. We will evolve. We will grow. And I hope we do all of it together." — Akif Kichloo
Planning a future life with someone you hold close to your heart is an experience not a lot of people have. So if you're with "the one," make sure to make every passing moment count.
24. "The real lover is a man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space." – Marilyn Monroe
This sweet message rings true for many couples, an iconic line from an iconic woman. It's the quiet "boring" moments that can tell you whether you're with the right person for you or not.
Downloadable and Printable List of Sweet Things To Tell A Guy
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of sweet things to tell him (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
How To Pick The Best Sweet Messages For Him
As I mentioned before, men are simple. Making them feel special and appreciated usually just takes sweet words and a bit of effort. If you're the type who gets boggled at showing your affection and wants to change that, I'll teach you how to pick the best words to tell your man. It's just three steps!
1. Think of the things he likes.
When picking out the best sweet messages to tell your boyfriend, you must remember that personalization is key. To do this, you have to identify the things your man likes and tailor your lines accordingly. For example, let's say that he's a fan of Star Wars. Telling him sweet things that relate to his favorite characters or storylines can make him feel more special, given that you've put much thought into it.
2. What's your relationship like?
The next step is to look into your relationship and think of how you interact with each other. This is a crucial step in picking out what to say to him because your method should match what's familiar to you. To give you a better idea, if your partner is more comfortable with something written, then writing down what you want to say would be a better option than speaking.
3. Practice what you want to say.
As the saying goes, "Practice makes perfect." Saying appreciative words to someone you love can be a big step for some people. So if you want to sound as natural and as casually as possible, try practicing in front of a mirror. Take note of the micro-expressions you make with your face since that can either make or break your delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Believe it or not, a lot of girlfriends have a hard time expressing how they feel towards a guy. Do you have some lovey-dovey questions in mind? I'll answer the most-asked questions in this segment.
Do guys love receiving sweet messages?
Guys LOVE receiving sweet, appreciative love messages--especially the ones that are out of the blue. While most don't show it, they also feel giddy. I even remember a close guy friend who practically squealed from joy when he received a heartfelt letter from his long-distance girlfriend.
How can I touch his heart with words?
Think of all the things that you are grateful for because of him. Account all of that, together with fond memories and lessons learned together. Merge everything, and you'll be able to think of the most personalized, most intimate, sweetest words to say to him. Don't worry; your genuine love will shine through.
How do I make him feel special through text?
Saying things like "Good morning. Have you eaten yet?" are some of the good ways to make him feel special through text. A word of caution, texting him way too frequently can pressure or suffocate him and drive him out of your relationship. So try to send regular yet spaced-out messages.
What makes a man feel connected to a woman?
Shared experiences can make a man feel more connected to a woman. One way of reliving these moments is through talking about them and saying what you felt about that fond experience. Doing this can make a man feel more valued, appreciated, and special.
More Awesome Ways To Talk To A Guy
Finding the right words too challenging for you? Want to upgrade your conversation style to grab his attention? There's nothing wrong about wanting to learn how to speak with a guy. Talk to a man confidently and easily with the help of these posts:
- Learn to find the best love words for him with this post.
- This list of random conversation starters can give you some ideas in approaching a guy.
- Some guy caught your eye, and you want to know more about him? Try out these questions to ask a guy to get to know him.
Now that you've reached the end of this post, you already know the things to tell your boyfriend. Remember, these sweet messages for him aren't only for Valentine's Day. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to talk to a guy--just practice until you get the hang of it. Express your love through romantic love messages every day.