Robin Sutherns | Jul 30, 2020 | 0
57 Nice Things To Say To Your Boyfriend To Make His Day
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
Ever wished you had a list of nice things to say to your boyfriend? Hey, don’t be quick to roll your eyes just yet.
A great, ready-to-use list could definitely come in handy in those heartfelt moments when the butterflies in your stomach render you speechless. You wouldn’t want to kill the vibe simply because you are at a loss for words.
What’s more, your boy deserves to hear how awesome he is every single day of your life together. So, with this in mind, why don’t you check out our extra-long list of nice things to say to your boyfriend?
15 Best Nice Things to Say to Your Boyfriend
They say that a kind word can change someone’s day — or even their whole life.
But you don’t have to aim that high for your words to make a difference: simply making your significant other smile and seeing the sparkle in his eyes is enough.
Do you need some inspiration?
Here are the 15 best nice things to say to your boyfriend:
1. You’re the one person in this world I need to talk to when I’m having a bad day.
Is there anything more romantic than your partner telling you that you are the best anti-depressant and mood booster they could ever wish for?
2. I love the feeling of being wrapped up in your arms.
Tell him that, and he will be the one melting in your arms.
3. Our story is one that I would love to tell our future children and grandchildren one day.
Are you planning to start a family together? If that’s a yes, this statement could be a powerful testament to your unwavering commitment to him.
4. While we are not perfect people, I do think that we are perfect for each other.
Because you two are wrong in all the right ways!
5. Life makes sense when I see you at the end of the day.
Every day is great if he is in it.
6. Each day I love you more than the day before. It scares me, but I’m grateful.
Forget that nonsense about love only lasting three years. True love grows with each passing day — and you want to make sure he knows that.
7. The most incredible feeling is knowing I make you happy!
When you truly love someone, their happiness makes you happy.
8. You are the reason for my smiles.
You can bet he will love hearing that. After all, isn’t he the biggest fan of your smile?
9. I feel so protected and safe when you’re around me.
Let’s face it: no matter their age, all boys secretly dream of being someone’s hero.
10. I enjoy your company more than anyone else’s in the whole world.
Chances are that you are the most special person in your boyfriend’s life. He would love to hear that he is your favorite person too!
11. I don’t know how you put up with me, but I’m glad that you do.
You are probably all a little bit rough around the edges — as we all are. However, your boyfriend loves you just the same. So why not show him some appreciation in return?
12. Even after all this time, you still give me butterflies.
A nice little reminder that your love for him is as strong as it ever was — if not more.
13. You came in my way as an answer to my prayer.
Who wouldn’t want to hear that from their partner?
14. You know how they say that one plus one makes… one? Now that I have you in my life, I totally get it.
What a sweet way to say that the two of you make a real team.
15. Every morning, when I open my eyes, the first thing that I see is your lovely face. I can think of no better way to start my day.
Hey, if liking someone’s morning face isn’t love, then we don’t know what is!
Picture this: it’s just you and your boyfriend. You are enjoying a gorgeous sunset over the sea, a candlelit dinner, or a cozy movie night at home. It’s a perfect moment if ever there was one.
Suddenly, he takes your hand in his, looks you in the eyes, and utters the kindest, most loving and intimate words you’ve ever heard.
You are so touched that you can feel the love rushing through your veins with every heartbeat. You open your mouth to respond… and you hear yourself saying, “Thank you!”
Oh, come on, surely you can do better than that? How about a little cheat sheet with sweet things to say to your boyfriend? That way, you will always have a great reply up your sleeve no matter what!
Here are 17 nice sweet things to say to your boyfriend:
16. You are the perfect date. Let’s hang out again every day for the rest of our lives.
Nice, sweet, and actionable. You just can’t go wrong with this one!
17. When I see someone else admiring you, it makes my heart swell with pride to know that you’re mine.
It’s easy to feel jealous of your boyfriend. In contrast, it takes a rare kind of self-confidence and true love to feel proud at the thought of someone else admiring your partner. He would certainly appreciate that.
18. I just want to wrap my arms around you and let the world drift away.
When you are with your significant other, you can become oblivious of time and space. And chances are he feels the same way when he is around you!
19. You make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
If you say that to him, he will be the one thinking he is the luckiest boy in the world.
20. I’m so happy I can talk to you about anything.
It’s always great to know that your partner trusts you and feels completely at ease around you.
21. I’m a better person when I’m with you.
Isn’t that the point of love after all — to make us all better people?
22. I cannot imagine my life without you. I don’t want to imagine my life without you.
Something tells us that he cannot — and does not want to — either.
23. You are perfect in every sense of the word, and I love you for it.
We all know that we have a lot to work on ourselves. But isn’t it amazing to know that, in the eyes of one person at least, we are truly perfect?
24. You are the cleverest person I have met, and I have met plenty of people in my lifetime.
Tell a guy he is smart, and he will go around thinking about it for days.
25. Receiving a text from you is the highlight of my day.
Send him this as a text, and it will be the highlight of his day.
26. I could listen to you talking forever; I love to hear your voice.
Let’s be honest here: we all secretly love to listen ourselves talk. Every now and then, however, it’s nice to hear that other people like it too!
27. You make me laugh when I don’t even want to smile.
Isn’t it great to be told that you have the power to brighten someone’s day?
28. My love for you is a journey. It starts at Forever and ends Never.
The perfect thing to say to your favorite travel companion.
29. You rock my world!
Short, sweet, and to the point!
30. The more I know you, the more I love you.
Knowing that your love for him has stood the test of time is bound to make him feel extra special.
31. When we are together, everything feels alright with the world.
Life comes with many problems, and the world we live in is far from perfect — unless you are with your boyfriend. Best of all, he probably feels the same way about you, too!
32. I had no idea what love was until I met you!
This one is sure to melt his heart.
Sometimes, you probably feel all goofy and playful when you are with your boyfriend. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with that. We could all benefit from tapping into the innocent, childlike, and carefree side of ourselves every once in a while.
What are the best conversations you could have with your boyfriend when you are in that kind of mood? While there are no hard and fast rules, you can’t go wrong if you keep it fun, cute, and lighthearted.
Would you like a list of cute things to say to your boyfriend?
Here are 12 nice cute things to say to your boyfriend:
33. I hope you know that you have my heart.
He probably knows that already, but it’d be really nice and cute of you to remind him every now and then. Just don’t overdo it, or it could go to his head!
34. I don’t know how to say this, but I think you have stolen my heart.
This is an even more intense version of the previous entry. It could come in handy in the early and heady stages of your relationship.
35. You are so unbelievably sweet and caring.
This one may sound plain and simple, but take our word for it — it is highly effective!
36. You’re my drug, and I’m addicted to you!
If he has a flair for the dramatic, he should love this one.
37. My friends are so jealous that I have you. You make me feel like a princess.
And you just made him feel like your Prince Charming!
38. You’re so great at everything. Is there anything you can’t do?
There probably is, but that’s not the point here.
39. I love that you’re ambitious. There’s nothing more attractive than a hard-working man.
Men absolutely love it when their partners appreciate and praise their hard work.
40. Your hands are my favorite thing in the world to hold. Your heart is my favorite thing to love.
Argh, those ninjas are cutting onions again.
41. I knew I was with the right person the moment I held your hand for the first time.
Isn’t this one just perfect for your wedding vows or anniversary dinner?
42. If I could use two words to describe you, I would say: my home.
And we bet that you are his!
43. I love watching your adorable drooling face when you are asleep.
Aww, isn’t that cute?
44. You are just too good to be true. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming!
If he is the man of your dreams, he deserves to hear that.
Do you have a special event such as his birthday or your anniversary coming up?
If that’s a yes, then you might need some help coming up with romantic things to say to your boyfriend.
Here are 13 nice romantic things to say to your boyfriend:
45. You are my anchor during my turbulent times; you keep me from being swept away!
You are sure to sweep him off his feet with this one!
46. I love smelling the scent of you that lingers on my clothes after we part.
Ah, that sounds like a quote from a classic Hollywood romance.
47. If I were blind, within my heart I could still see the beauty that is you.
You might even make him tear up a little with this one.
48. There will be no other man that could love me like you do.
49. We will travel the world hand-in-hand, not worrying about any other things, just you and me.
Just say the word, and he will start booking flights!
50. Just wanted to say thank you for the joy you bring into my life.
Don’t be mad if all he says in response is, “You are welcome.” He’s probably at a loss for words!
51. Thank you so much for coming into my life.
Aren’t you a lucky one?
52. Starting and closing the day with your kiss is a very beautiful feeling.
Indeed it is — and telling him that is a foolproof way to ensure that the kissing never stops.
53. You’re even more beautiful on the inside than you are on the outside.
Because true love is all about loving the core of who we are.
54. My heart actually races when I see you.
He would love to know that, even after all this time, he can still give you butterflies.
55. I didn’t think it was possible to love you more today than yesterday.
And yet, it is!
56. When I am with you, I want nothing and no one else.
Don’t you love the feeling that it’s just the two of you in the entire universe?
57. I feel like I was made for you and you were made for me.
You can expect a strong warm hug from him after saying this!
Downloadable and Printable List of Nice Things To Say to your Boyfriend
Here is a downloadable and printable List of nice things to say to your boyfriend (right click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Awesome Ways to Talk to Guys
If you don’t have a boyfriend but are looking to get one, why don’t you check out our tips on how to start a conversation with a guy?
And while you are at it, you might want to have a look at our selection of questions to ask a guy you like.
Last but not least, make sure to read our questions to ask a guy to get to know him to get inspired and ready for action.
There are 4 tried-and-tested tips to help you pick the best nice things to say to your boyfriend.
Here is how to pick the best nice things to say to your boyfriend:
1. Get to Know Him Well
You want to always adapt your message to your audience. If your boyfriend is a fairly romantic guy, you can use pretty much all of the suggestions above. However, if he is more of a pragmatic type, it’s generally best to keep your declarations of love short, simple, and to the point.
2. Timing Is Key
Even the most heartfelt words could sound a bit off if you say them at the wrong time and at the wrong place. So, with that in mind, pick your timing wisely. As a rule of thumb, a romantic candlelit dinner is generally a better setting than the two of you being stuck in your car in Monday morning rush hour.
3. Be Honest
If you are going to tell someone you love them or something along those lines, you better mean it. Most guys can smell an insincere compliment from a mile away.
4. Don’t Overdo It
We all like being told how great and loved we are. However, if we hear that all the time, we might start to appreciate it less — so try not to go overboard.
We hope that this post gave you some inspiration for nice things to say to your boyfriend. However, don’t forget that, at the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. Showing your boyfriend how much you love him is just as important as saying it out loud.