Jasper | Oct 14, 2021 | 0
54 Random Questions To Get To Know Someone - Get Solid Friends Quick
New? Start here.
Asking random questions to get to know someone better is a great strategy for when you aren't sure how to get the conversation rolling.
If you've only just met someone, you might not know anything about them, like what they like, or what interests them. If you find yourself in this situation, asking random questions can help you get to know someone a little better while, also, keeping the conversation going.
You can also use this list of questions to get to know someone with people you'd like to know better, or when you've run out of things to talk to about. You'll have endless conversations with these random, yet interesting, questions!
12 Best Random Questions To Get To Know Someone
Getting to know someone isn't always as simple as it seems. You don't want to bump into awkward pauses or have the conversation take a boring turn. Good questions to ask to get to know someone can take your conversation in many directions, but the best random questions to get to know someone can take your conversation in the right direction.
Here are the 12 best random questions to get to know someone:
1. If you could magically become famous, would you want to?
Being famous isn't as great as it seems, and there's no going back.
2. A genie gives you three wishes—what are they?
Is this person greedy or generous? Only one way to find out...
3. Do you live by any piece of advice or motto?
Well, why not? You only live once...
4. What physical traits do you share with your relatives?
Where do their good (or not so good) looks come from?
5. Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately?
Everyone needs that extra 5 minutes of sleep!
6. Do you and your family have any nicknames for each other?
Let's not go there, nicknames are always embarrassing!
7. Are you into after-work happy hours?
Happy hours meaning the hours you get to sleep.
8. How do you take your coffee?
Full of cream and sugar? Or are they a no-nonsense type of people who enjoy black, soul-less coffee?
9. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?
What's their jam?
10. What's the best joke you've ever heard?
Hopefully, any joke that isn't a "knock-knock" joke.
11. Which meal is your favorite: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Can't skip breakfast! — it's the most important meal of the day.
12. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Love can make us do some crazy things. Things we probably, most definitely regret.
10 Questions To Ask A Guy Randomly That'll Let You Know Him
Having a hard time coming up with questions to ask a guy to get to know him? These random questions are the perfect way to casually get to know a guy without him even realizing it!
Here are 10 questions to ask a guy to get to know him:
13. What's your family like?
He should be careful about how he answers this one — The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
14. What's your favorite movie?
Is he a sucker for The Notebook, or will he lie and say his favorite movie is Scarface?
15. How would your best friend describe you?
His best friend is likely to know him best, so this should mean a lot about him.
16. What is your unusual hidden talent?
Everyone has one, and everyone loves to show them off.
17. Who is one person you wish you could be?
It's always best to want to be yourself, just a better version.
18. What is the best advice your mom ever gave you?
Mom's give some of the best advice, but we always realize it once it's too late.
19. What's the weirdest conversation you've ever overheard?
Sometimes people don't realize that others are present in public places.
20. What's the best purchase you've ever made?
It always feels great when you snag that item while it's on discount.
21. When was the last time you panicked?
How he handled it will say much more about him.
22. How important is physical attraction in a relationship?
It's amazing to remember how someone's personality can change their physical appearance.
11 Random Yet Personal Questions To Ask To Know A Little Bit Of Everything About A Person
Use these personal questions to ask to get to know someone's personal side. The best thing about these personal questions is that they're random, so you'll be able to learn many different things about the person you're asking them to.
Here are 11 personal questions:
23. What's your favorite way to spend time with your family?
Reunion? Vacation? ...Video call?
24. What annoys you most?
You don't have to be fond of everything.
25. Do you have any pet peeves?
Hopefully, they are things others would find hard to put up with, as well.
26. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
You never know, their last binge could be your new one after this conversation.
27. How many languages do you speak?
Being bilingual is truly a talent, but speaking more than two languages is a superpower!
28. What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
It can't get any more random than this... Or can it?
29. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
Maybe they are and they don't know it yet...
30. Are you a clean or messy person?
Everyone has their own opinion on their meaning of clean — allow them to explain.
31. What's your favorite zoo animal?
Can you really have just one? They're all great!
32. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
How many shoes does one, two-foot person really need?
33. What really makes you angry?
For some people, it takes a whole lot for them to get angry, and you probably don't want to be around them at that time.
11 Fun Questions To Ask In Any Situation
Lighten up the conversation with some fun questions to get to know someone. You'll still be able to learn a lot about a person with these questions that are fun to ask and fun to answer, especially considering that they're totally random!
Here are 11 fun questions:
34. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be?
Is it based off your personality, looks, or zodiac sign?
35. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
It doesn't matter if you like coffee or not, you'll meet your favorite celebrity in a dumpster.
36. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
Let's hope that law would be more along the lines of a democracy rather than a dictatorship...
37. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?
People don't realize that almost everything is edible, though, that doesn't mean you should eat it.
38. What was your favorite subject in school?
You should be very amazed if they say math.
39. What's your favorite holiday?
So many great holidays... This is a tough one.
40. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?
This could be a trick question, because the amount of lottery money isn't stated.
41. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Any time where you could buy a house with $100!
42. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
Think carefully — this would be the only person you'd see for the entire time stranded.
43. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tough question. Even the best food becomes unappealing when you have to eat only that for the rest of your life.
44. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?
More like; "what would you rather not do?"
10 Random Questions That Will Let You Know Someone Deeply
Looking for a way to get deeper into a conversation? Try out these questions to get to know someone deeply and on a whole other level. Keep in mind, it's best to use these questions on people you already know.
Here are 10 random questions to get to know someone deeply:
45. Did you ever hide anything from or lie to your parents?
I think the better question is; "what did you hide from, or lie to your parents?"
46. How do you pick yourself back up after making a mistake at work?
Work is hard enough without those tough mistakes we can't get ourselves past.
47. What's your opinion on modern art?
Save this question for art enthusiasts.
48. If you found out today was your last day on Earth, what would you do?
Live it up or make amends with the time you have left?
49. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done, and why did you do it?
At what cost are they willing to take a risk?
50. What makes you feel at peace?
People who are able to find tranquility in things are the most peaceful of people.
51. Do you ever wish you were raised differently?
A person's childhood is the beginning of a sculpture.
52. How would your 10-year-old self react to what you do now?
Would you be proud, or would your 10-year-old self be disappointed that you didn't become a space-fighting-fireman?
53. Have your ever disliked something and then changed your mind?
Sometimes we come up with opinions that we later change based on further information that we didn't know before.
54. Is your glass half full or half empty?
This is pretty much asking the question of optimist or pessimist.
Downloadable and Printable List of Random Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of random questions to get to know someone (right-click the image and select Save Image As...):
How to Pick the Best Random Things To Ask To Get To Know Someone
Asking someone all the questions on this list isn't exactly the best way to get to know someone. You don't want it to seem like you're just asking questions rather than having a nice conversation with this person. That's why it's best to pick out a handful of questions for that certain someone you're looking to learn more about.
Here is how to pick the best random questions to get to know someone:
1. Choose Questions Based on Your Relationship With the Person
Before you begin asking random questions to get to know someone, you need to think about how much you already know this person. You don't want to ask deep personal questions to someone you've just met ...unless you're a brave soul, that is.
Likewise, if you know this person well enough, don't be afraid to ask more personal questions that tell you more about them. That is the point of asking these questions, after all.
2. Think About What This Person Finds Interesting
When asking questions, you need to keep in mind that the conversation could feel like an interview. Keep things interesting with questions that pique your, and your buddy's, interests. If you don't know much about the other person's interests, start off with fun questions and learn what they like to talk about most.
3. Consider Your Location
Keep personal questions for when you're in a private area with the person. You never know if they feel comfortable sharing personal things about themselves in public places where there's a chance other people might hear your conversation.
When out and about, choose more simple questions that you think the other person won't mind sharing around others.
More Awesome Tips to Get to Know Someone
With all the questions above, you're sure to have some great conversations with all kinds of people, though, if you're looking for more specific questions to ask, check out some more tips to get to know someone down below.
- Use these questions to ask your crush things you wouldn't normally talk about. They may even help you take things a little bit further with them.
- Want to know more about a guy on a personal level? Try out these personal questions to ask a guy more in-depth things about his character.
- Not sure how, or where, to take a conversation with a guy? These random questions to ask a guy will help you with that problem.
Don't be afraid to use these random questions to get to know someone better. After all, asking random questions is probably the best way to get to know someone, especially someone you don't know at all.
Not only that, but the randomness of the questions makes the conversation all the more fun so it doesn't just seem as if you're only asking questions. As long as you include your input into some of these questions, your conversation will go smoothly, trust us.