If you want to make someone smile, there’s no shortage of funny questions to get to know someone.
Making each other laugh is one of the best things about having friends and spending time with one another. When someone asks you a funny question, the ensuing laughter can make you forget all about your worries and troubles.
Funny questions are also a great way to break the ice and talk to someone new for the first time. Humor can put people at ease, and it shows that you’re good-natured.
Who knows? Your crush might even find you more attractive after you choose one of these funny questions to ask.
Choose one of these questions, and you can’t go wrong.
4 Best Funny Questions to Get to Know Someone
If you want to stand the best chance of making someone giggle, try out the best funny questions to ask. You really can’t go wrong with these ones.
1. What would you do if a dog starts talking to you in human language?
Almost everyone has spoken to a dog before, even though they know deep down that canines have no idea what we’re saying. But what if they could talk back?
2. What is the funniest thing you’ve seen a stranger do in public?
This is a great question to ask, because it’ll probably spark up an amazing story with all kinds of funny details. It’s also a great question to ask your group of friends, because everyone will have a different story.
3. What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?
There are no shortage of funny names, and you might have heard a few hilarious ones yourself. Let your friend go first, and then let them know what you’ve experienced.
4. Have You Ever Sent A Text Message To The Wrong Person?
This is the classic embarrassing story that almost everyone has experienced at some point in their life. Most of the time, it’s a simple misunderstanding… but sometimes it can get really hilarious.
4 Funny Interesting questions to get to know someone
Sometimes, the world is funny and interesting at the same time. If you want to spark an interesting conversation while keeping it funny, check out these interesting questions to ask.
5. What movie would be significantly improved if it was made into a musical?
The possibilities are endless. Can you imagine a super serious movie being turned into a musical? What about The Matrix? Or how about The Exorcist? Fight Club? The list goes on…
6. What’s the worst advice you’ve ever given someone?
You’ve probably received some pretty terrible advice from someone in the past… but have the tables ever been turned? This question has the potential to be funny, especially if your advice led to some pretty non-ideal outcomes for the person.
7. If you had to use a fake name, what fake name would you make up?
Many people have fantasized about having a fake identity. Maybe they imagined being a superspy, or a famous actor. Whatever the case, coming up with a cool, funny name is probably one of the most entertaining parts of this fantasy.
8. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
Many people probably try their best to completely wipe bad outfits from their memory. On the other hand, reliving these cringy moments can also be pretty entertaining at times.
4 Funny Random Questions to Get to Know Someone
9. If you were to appoint a president of the internet, who would it be and why?
There are so many good options for this esteemed role, but we’ll leave it up to you and your friends to decide. The most unsuitable candidate imaginable would probably be the funniest.
10. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
It’s definitely an interesting - but seriously random - question. To be fair, chickens can be pretty vicious… but how many would it take? An elephant could probably hold its own against at least a thousand chickens.
11. Would you rather drive a tank or a submarine?
Tanks are definitely pretty cool, but are they really that much different compared to a car? Sure, you can squash small cars like pancakes.. But submarines get to go underwater!
12. Would you go with aliens if they beamed down to Earth?
Judging by all the sketchy stories that have been told over the years, most people would probably elect to stay on Earth. After all, who wants to be the subject of creepy experiments?
4 Funny Questions to Ask Your Friends
Getting together with your friends becomes a lot more interesting when you can ask funny questions together. Try out these questions to ask your friends, and your next hangout will be hilarious.
13. If you got arrested, what would it most likely be for?
Most of you have probably imagined what it must be like to get arrested. But what would you get arrested for? Indecent exposure? Speeding? Disturbing the peace? You and your friends will have to decide for yourselves…
14. What word do you find the most humorous?
There’s always one word that never fails to make people laugh - even if people have no idea why that word is so hilarious. You and your friends all probably have different answers.
15. What is the craziest diet you’ve heard of?
In the modern era, there’s no shortage of crazy diets. Some people even believe they can survive on chives alone! Okay… maybe that’s not exactly true - but it is funny.
16. What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?
You and your friends have probably heard quite a few bad pickup lines in the past. They may have been quite cringy in the past, but at least you can laugh about them now.
4 Funny Questions to Ask a Guy
Guys have a slightly different sense of humor, so it’s best to choose specific questions that’ll have the highest chance of making them laugh. Try out these questions to ask a guy.
17. Have you ever been kicked out of a public place?
If the guy says yes, there’s probably a really funny story behind it. This question is bound to spark up an interesting story.
18. If you were a wrestler what would be your entrance theme song?
Almost every guy has thought about this before, so they’ll have an answer ready to go within seconds. The Mortal Kombat theme song is probably going to be a popular choice.
19. What would be your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
This is another question that most guys have probably thought about before, and there’s a lot of factors that go into this decision. Sure, a gun might be more effective… but what happens when you run out of bullets?
20. Do you know any funny pick up lines?
Most guys have a few pick up lines ready to go in the back of their head in case they run into a girl they like. Their answers are probably going to make you laugh.
3 Funny Questions to Ask Your Crush
When you’re speaking with your crush, you definitely have to take a slightly unique approach. Try out these questions to ask your crush for the best results.
21. What is the cheesiest pickup line you’ve ever tried to use on a girl?
Your crush definitely has some interesting stories to tell here. The question is, did their pickup lines actually work?
22. What is the weirdest text you’ve ever gotten?
Getting texted by the wrong person is pretty hilarious, and maybe your crush has experienced this.
23. What Is Your Signature Dance Move?
This question pretty much forces your crush to actually show you the dance move… which is always fun.
3 Funny Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
Already in a relationship? Then try out these questions to ask your boyfriend to keep things fun and interesting.
24. You're given an ax, a sword, a crossbow, and a stick of dynamite. Which would you use to filet a fish?
A sword would be the obvious choice… but then again… dynamite could be fun.
25. What is the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
Most guys have pulled quite a few pranks in their day. Prepare to laugh when you ask this question.
26. Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or dragon?
Dinosaurs are pretty cool, but dragons can fly… and they’re magic. Then again, some dinosaurs can also fly. It’s an interesting conundrum.
3 Funny Yet Personal Questions to Get to Know Someone
Using humor is a smart way to get personal without it being weird. Try out these personal questions to ask to get to know someone.
27. If you could rename your parents based on their personalities, what would their names be?
This question can reveal a lot about someone’s family, but it can also be pretty hilarious.
28. Do you have any funny or secret talents you’d be willing to share?
Secret talents might include being a really good kisser or the ability to cook toast to perfection.
29. Does your family have any weird traditions?
Some families have strange traditions that other people might find really funny.
3 Funny But Deep Questions to Get to Know Someone
Sometimes, the "deepest" thoughts are so powerful that all we can really do is stand back and laugh. Explore these kinds of thoughts with these questions to get to know someone deeply.
30. What is something you’ve done to try to be ‘cooler’?
Almost everyone has done something regrettable to try to be cooler. On the plus side, it's almost always a learning experience that makes people more mature.
31. What is something you refuse to share?
This is kind of a catch-22. If it really is something they refuse to share, they won't answer this question. However, if they do answer the question, they're not really refusing to share it, are they?
32. What is a funny thing you believed as a kid?
The best thing about being a kid is having a wild imagination. These deep but funny questions can reveal a lot about how someone viewed the world as a child.
How to pick the best Funny Questions to Get to Know Someone
Choosing the best funny get to know you questions isn’t always easy. There are a number of things you should consider before trying these questions out in a real conversation. Fortunately for you, there’s a simple guide to help you pick funny questions.
1. Consider Their Sense of Humor
If you already know the other person’s sense of humor, you may want to consider this before you start asking funny questions. Choose questions that align with their sense of humor, and you’ll have a better chance of making them laugh.
2. It’s All About Timing
Comedy is all about timing. Make sure that you practice your funny questions - or at least make sure to really master the punchline. A funny question can seem a lot less interesting when you don’t have the right comedic timing.
3. Play it Straight
Sometimes, funny questions and jokes are a lot more funny when you play it straight. Say the funniest things in a totally serious tone, and it’ll become a lot more funny. When asking funny questions, trying too hard to be funny can be a bad move.
Downloadable and Printable List of Funny Questions To Get To Know Someone
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of funny questions to get to know someone (right click the image and select Save Image As...):
More awesome questions to start a conversation with
Funny questions aren’t the only way to spark up a conversation. There are many other methods you can use to break the ice, make things a little more romantic, or steer the conversation in virtually any direction.
- Ready to turn up the heat with your boyfriend? Why not rely on these sexy questions to ask your boyfriend? These questions will really get him riled up.
- Texting is a pretty major part of any relationship these days. Check out these questions to ask a guy over text, and choose from a range of options to keep things interesting.
- Questions are the best way to get to know a guy better. Choose one of these questions to ask a guy to get to know him, and you can’t go wrong.
Now that you have a wide range of funny questions to ask under your belt, it’s time to go out there and try them out in the real world.
Whether you’re trying to get the attention of your crush or you’re just trying to make new friends, these questions to ask should make things a lot easier.
Making other people laugh is a real gift. These days, it’s more important than ever before that we spread joy around and laugh with each other.
Sometimes, laughter really is the best medicine!