Robin Sutherns | Feb 24, 2021 | 0
60 Best Questions To Get To Know Someone Better
New? Start here.
Looking for some great questions to get to know someone better? Because we’ve put together some of the best questions to ask to get to know someone.
Whether you need questions to ask a guy, girl, or anyone for that matter, we’ve got you covered. These questions can be used when meeting new people, or just getting to know someone a little better.
They’ll help you start great conversations and keep them going so you won’t run out of things to talk about!
13 Best questions to get to know someone
Start off with some of the best questions to get to know someone by asking them things they’ll enjoy answering. This set of questions will allow you to get to know a person without making it seem like you’re coming on too strong.
Here are the 13 best questions to get to know someone:
1. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
Were not just talking about surprise parties… Surprises can be good and bad.
2. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Make sure to let them know that their phone isn’t a necessity.
3. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
And would you ever do it again?
4. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?
A bad mood can be cured in many ways, what’s the best remedy for them?
5. What do you need during periods of stress?
A hot bath? A soothing massage? Or a chance to get away from all those people stressing you out?
6. When you’re not working, how do you like to spend your time?
There’s nothing better than relaxing when you’ve got time off.
7. Do you ever find there are things about you that people misunderstand?
Everyone feels this way, though there’s always someone out there with the same feelings as you.
8. Do you enjoy small talk with strangers, or do you try to avoid it at all costs?
Because talking about the weather with someone you don’t know is a thrill!
9. Have you ever made a huge drunken mistake?
Most people can say they have, but can everyone say that they’ve tried to fix the mistake?
10. What is something you always procrastinate on?
Chores? Schoolwork? Everything that requires effort?
11. What qualities do you value in your friends?
Friends aren’t just there to keep you company, they should also be there for you whenever you need them.
12. What are your thoughts on the “hookup culture”?
A risqué question, though so worth the conversation.
13. Can you stand watching cheesy movies?
Cheesy movies are only fun to watch when you’ve got someone to comment on how cheesy they are right along with you!
14 random questions to get to know someone
Using random questions to get to know someone you just met is always a good plan, because you probably won’t be too sure about what to ask them. These questions are open to all people and, because they’re random, you’ll have plenty of different things to talk about!
Here are 14 random questions to get to know someone:
14. How often do you play sports?
We’re only talking about physical sports — Esports don’t count!
15. How often do you watch people?
This question might come off as a little creepy, though, it’s true to admit we all watch other people to some extent.
16. What’s your dream car?
Maybe they’re already driving it!
17. What would your perfect room look like?
We all wish we had a room like Drake and Josh’s, right?
18. What takes up too much of your time?
Hopefully, it’s something productive, however, that’s probably not the case.
19. What do you wish you knew more about?
Don’t we all wish we could know everything about everything…?
20. What’s the best way to start the day?
Bright and early? Or sleep in until way past noon?
21. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
This says a lot about a person, and once you’ve seen their collection it only becomes more clear to you who they are.
22. What form of public transportation do you prefer?
Taking the bus isn’t as bad as people think it is — can’t say the same for the subway.
23. How many pillows do you sleep with?
The average person should know that one body pillow goes a long way.
24. How often do you buy clothes?
And how often do you donate the clothes you no lon ger wear?
25. What kitchen appliance do you use every day?
Coffee maker, toaster, microwave, oven, blender, there’s probably more than one that’s used every day.
26. What’s your favorite word?
Doesn’t everyone have a favorite word?
27. What is your most-used emoji?
If they even use emojis, that is.
15 questions to get to know someone deeply
If you’re looking for a way to make a closer connection, asking questions to get to know someone deeply and intensely is the way to do it. If you’re comfortable asking deep personal questions, this list will definitely help you find out some more intense information you might never have known about them.
Here are 15 questions to get to know someone deeply:
28. Which parent are you closer to and why?
Some people aren’t close to their parents, while others only have one parent they can connect with.
29. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
Ruler of the earth probably doesn’t seem as realistic as it did when you were 5.
30. What kind of parent do you think you will be?
We all imagine ourselves being great parents, however, we have no idea what to do once we actually become parents.
31. How often do you give second chances?
Are they compassionate enough to forgive and forget?
32. What’s your biggest regret in life?
Everything happens for a reason, so let them know there’s no need to regret the past.
33. What makes you feel like you need to be alone?
No one likes to be alone, though sometimes there are those things that push us to it.
34. Do you believe in karma?
Nobody gets away with treating others badly no matter how long they’ve already gotten away with it.
35. What was something you’ve done that made you feel extreme happiness?
A question that will bring up something the other person enjoys talking about.
36. What did you have to give up to achieve your current level of success?
And was it worth it?
37. When was the time you felt most free?
Freedom isn’t always about having no one to tell you what to do, it could be a time where you felt free of responsibility or commitment.
38. What is something you have only recently formed an opinion about?
An opinion that’s 100 percent yours and isn’t influenced by others.
39. What is something that people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
There are tons of things that people obsess over that make absolutely no sense!
40. Do you go for stability or uncertainty?
The safe way or the daring way?
41. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Fame could be for riches, and it can also be for popularity.
42. Do you think you’re a genuinely good person?
Everyone has their demons, but how well you control them can justify how good or bad you are.
10 personal questions to ask to get to know someone
Like deep questions, use these personal questions to ask to get to know someone on a deep and personal level. Although, these are a bit different in the sense that you’ll get to learn traits about their personal life rather than their deep personality.
Here are 10 personal questions to ask to get to know someone:
43. How different was your life one year ago?
A lot of things can change in just one year, or nothing at all.
44. What are some things you’ve had to unlearn?
Sometimes we learn things that aren’t right or just aren’t at all good for us.
45. What is your favorite family vacation?
This can be a vacation they’ve gone on, or a vacation they’d like to go on.
46. Would you ever take back someone who cheated?
This could really depend on the situation. Not all cheaters mean bad, but most of them do…
47. What made you choose the college you went to?
Not everyone gets to choose between colleges, some are just glad they got accepted to one!
48. Do you spend too much or too little?
Both can be problematic when you think about it.
49. Do you get along with your siblings?
Sometimes we tend to outgrow our relationships with our siblings. It’s sad but true.
50. What do your friends love most about you?
A great question to find out the best traits about someone without them having to feel conceited.
51. What’s a random award or recognition you feel you deserve?
Everyone has accomplishments that are award-worthy, even if they seem insignificant to others.
52. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
Calling off a land-line? Or even writing notes on paper!
8 fun questions to get to know someone
Add a little bit of light-heartedness to your question asking with these fun questions to get to know someone. Sometimes we need questions to help start or ease our way into great conversations — that’s where these come in. If you’re just looking for a fun conversation that won’t put pressure on anyone, these questions will get you there.
Here are 8 fun questions to get to know someone:
53. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Home can be anything, a house, a city, even a country.
54. What TV or YouTube channel doesn’t exist but really should?
A creative question that can only be answered with a creative mind.
55. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Who would you like to meet, or see once again?
56. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)?
We’ve all challenged ourselves to all nighters when we were younger, but how many can say that they were successful?
57. Do you collect anything?
Pokémon cards they’ve had since elementary don’t count.
58. What kind of celebration would there be on a “St. YOU” day?
We should all take a day to celebrate who we are.
59. What did you wish for last, like at your birthday or when throwing a coin into a fountain?
Don’t you know a wish won’t come true once you’ve told it to someone?!
60. When is the last time you used YOLO as an excuse to do something?
YOLO should be used as an excuse for everything because “you only live once”.
Downloadable And Printable List of Questions To Get To Know Someone
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of questions to get to know someone (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Awesome Tips to Get to Know Someone
Getting to know someone doesn’t always come naturally or easily. You may find it hard to find the right things to say or ask someone. That’s why we’ve made it where you don’t need to come up with conversation lines — we’ve done that for you!
It doesn’t matter who you need help talking to, we’ve got awesome tips on how to get to know anyone!
- Get to know interesting things about someone with these interesting questions that will add zest to any conversation.
- Talking to a guy but now sure how to get to know him on a personal level? Go through these personal questions to ask a guy things that will let you know some more personal details about him.
- If you’re just looking for a way to strike up a conversation with him, you can use these random questions to ask a guy pretty much anything. These questions work great when you aren’t sure what to talk about.
How to Pick the Best questions to get to know someone
Once you’ve read through all the questions, you might be wondering which questions would be best to get to know that certain someone. Whether you know this person well, or you’ve just started talking to them, choosing the best questions will give you the best conversations.
If you’re unsure which questions will work best for you, read through the suggestions below to help you decide which questions to choose.
Here is how to pick the best questions to get to know someone:
1. Choose Questions From All the Categories
If you’d really like a great conversation that’s fun and full of deep and interesting questions, then choose one’s from each category. It doesn’t need to be in any order, but if you’d like the conversation to go in a certain way, feel free to put the questions in any order that makes sense to you.
Asking some fun questions right after personal, or deep questions, will take some pressure off the person you’re talking to. Pick and choose to let the conversation go in the direction you’d like.
2. Choose Questions You’d Be Comfortable Answering
This isn’t an interrogation, it’s a two-way conversation. By that, keep in mind that the person you’re talking to can easily ask for your answer to these questions. That means you’ll need to be careful as to which questions you choose.
It’s only fair that you’ll be honest in answering these questions, so make sure to pick questions you’re willing to answer to as well.
3. Think About the Things You Already Know About this Person
If you know this person to some degree, use what you know to choose questions to ask them. If you know which questions they’d be more willing to answer, or which questions would interest them the most, then choose those questions.
Remember, you want to make this conversation go smoothly for both of you. If you’re just throwing every question at them, they probably won’t want to continue the conversation.
If you’re reading this then you’ve most likely gone through all of the questions to get to know someone. Follow the suggestions above and you’ll be able to create a natural conversation that include these questions to ask to get to know someone better.
You can even use these questions to ask a guy things that will help you know more about him. Just keep in mind, that whoever you wish to know more about, you’ll be able to with these awesome questions that will move your conversation along.