Jasper | Dec 11, 2020 | 0
31 Best Personal Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone
New? Start here. | This post contains affiliate links. That means that we receive a commission for purchases made on them (more info).
It’s important to know some personal questions to ask to get to know someone because you never know when you might need them.
Let’s be real, you won’t get to know someone if you don’t ask them personal questions. More importantly, you won’t get to know someone deeper if you don’t ask them some personal questions.
You should come up with good questions to get to know someone because it’s also a way on how they can know more about you. The more creative your questions are, the better. No one wants the “getting to know” phase to feel like an interview, that’s why you need to be prepared with only the best personal questions to ask to get to know someone.
9 Best personal questions to ask to get to know someone
The best personal questions are those that get answered without much thought. The answer to the best questions just flows naturally. If you know the right questions, you’ll be able to get to know someone better. And it won’t feel like you’re forcing anything to happen.
Here are the 9 best personal questions to ask to get to know someone:
1. What was the best compliment you’ve received?
Compliments can warm our hearts so much, but there are just some that take the cake.
2. Who inspires you to be better?
You’ll be able to understand more of them with this question. Whoever the answer is, is the reason and motivation for their actions.
3. What gets you fired up?
Nothing better to get to know someone than to know what drives them to do things.
4. What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
The best moments are really those that no one’s around to see.
5. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
Unleash your inner “indie”.
6. What are some small things that make your day better?
Things that make someone’s day better don’t need to be grand and big ones. The small things matter just as much!
7. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
How do they relieve themselves of all the happenings from the workday?
8. How different was your life one year ago?
We may not realize it, but our lives can be so much different than it was a month ago, what more if it’s a year ago?
9. What takes up too much of your time?
We probably enjoy it too much without us knowing.
Sometimes, you get so interested in someone that it can be overwhelming trying to figure out how to get to know more about him. Everyone knows it’s hard to come up with questions to ask a guy to get to know him. Hopefully, these personal questions to ask a guy will help you narrow down the overwhelming list of ideas you have.
Here are 6 personal questions to ask a guy to get to know him:
10. What’s the biggest doubt you have?
If you want to get to know someone better, dive into the things that they doubt. This gives a clearer picture of how their minds work.
11. What long shot have you taken that really paid off?
The greater the risk, the greater the reward, as they say.
12. What movie can you watch over and over and never get tired of?
Anything that we see or hear over and over again can make us feel fed up. But there’s really one exception.
13. Who are some people you only met once but they left a big impression on you?
Some people have such strong personalities.
14. What’s the best bad decision you’ve made?
Who said bad decisions lead to bad outcomes? That’s not always the case.
15. What are you most passionate about?
Knowing what someone is most passionate about is something basic if you want to get to know them.
When you want to know more about someone, there’s no format to follow. You just dive in and ask. These random questions to get to know someone are the perfect questions for those moments when you just want to dive in carefree.
Here are 6 random personal questions to ask to get to know someone:
16. What challenging thing are you working through these days?
There’s never a time in our lives that we don’t encounter something challenging.
17. What was the most memorable gift you’ve received?
The first answer is the right answer because if something is truly memorable, that’s the first thing that will pop up in your mind.
18. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a medal for?
No, the answer can’t be “nothing.” We’re all the best at something, no matter how menial or weird it is.
19. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
They say the best things happen when you’re asleep.
20. What popular TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
It just doesn’t feel right to join the crowd.
21. What’s the best way to start the day?
The answer is the one that gets you energized no matter what kind of day you’re having!
Getting to know someone doesn’t have to be so serious. It’s important to remember that knowing more about someone should be fun and interesting. If one of you isn’t having fun, then what’s the point of asking more questions? You won’t have that problem if you choose from these fun questions to get to know someone.
Here are 4 fun personal questions to ask to get to know someone:
22. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
Sky’s the limit!
23. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
We all know some things TOO well.
24. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
What age is the perfect one when it comes to having everything you want to do?
25. What was your best drop the mic moment?
You can’t say you’ve never had such a moment.
Personal questions mean that your bond with someone will become deeper than it already is. These questions to get to know someone deeply will give you the essence of someone’s being. You will understand more about their experiences. It will give you a better look at the person you’re talking to. These questions will even help you put yourself in their shoes.
Here are 6 personal questions to ask to get to know someone deeply:
26. What’s one responsibility you really wish you didn’t have?
Just ONE. We all have so many responsibilities but give just ONE answer.
27. When do you feel truly “alive”?
What can give someone the feeling like they can do everything?
28. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
We know some things have limitations, but what if there weren’t any limitations to what you can do?
29. Where would you spend all your time if you could?
If only it’s possible.
30. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
Sure, technology helps, and there are always new ways to do things, but don’t you think some things are better done the old-fashioned way?
31. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
It was so heartwarming, that you can swear your heart melted a bit.
Downloadable and Printable List of Personal Questions To Ask To Get To Know Someone
Here is a downloadable and printable jpg/pdf list of personal questions to ask to get to know someone (right-click the image and select Save Image As…):
More Awesome Tips to Get to Know Someone
There are more ways to get to know someone deeper than you already know them. We’ve got you covered if you want to dive into more questions.
- Getting to know someone should be fun. Ensure that you both have a good time with these fun questions to ask. You’ll be talking non-stop and you won’t even know it because you’re having too much fun.
- Into a guy? Don’t know what to do? Don’t worry. Just strike up a conversation with these questions to ask a guy. These will help keep the nerves away.
- Sometimes, it’s fun to let go and do whatever. The same goes for the questions you ask. Show how spontaneous you can be with these random questions to ask a guy.
Trying to know more about someone is already immense enough. What makes it even harder is an overwhelming list of really good questions like the one you’ve just read. Lucky for you, we’ve got this handy list that can help you narrow down your options.
Here is how to pick the best personal questions to ask to get to know someone:
1. Who Is It?
Consider the person you’re trying to get to know more. Of course, you can’t say much about them if you just met them, but from the short interaction you’ve had, try to gauge what kind of questions they might enjoy more. Do they seem more of the deep thinker type? If so, ask questions that help you know someone more deeply. If someone seems to be the happy-go-lucky type, start off with the more fun questions.
2. Mix It Up.
You can only know a lot about someone if you mix up your questions. Don’t focus too much on only the funny questions. Put more into your list. The more random your list is, the more you can know about who you’re asking.
3. Have Fun!
The most important part of all is to have fun. Choose questions that you know won’t bring an awkward vibe into the conversation. Your goal here is to make a new friend or best friend, so don’t ruin your chances by asking questions that just don’t feel right to you or to them.
If you want to know more about someone, then the personal questions to ask to get to know someone will work wonders. Keep in mind that you won’t know more about someone if you don’t ask the right questions.
When coming up with questions to get to know someone, it’s important to have fun. Knowing more about someone should be a joyous experience for both parties. Your newfound friend should be willing to open up and enjoy doing so.
Hopefully, these personal questions to ask to get to know someone will help you have a deeper bond with someone. You never know who you’ll meet and get to know just by using this list of questions.